- This event has passed.
EDI, Two-Eyed Seeing & Strengths-based Indigenous Patient-Oriented Research
September 16 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Join us for the third instalment of AbSPORU’s webinar series on Integrating Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Sex and Gender-Based Analysis (SGBA+) into Patient-Oriented Research (POR).
This session’s theme is “EDI, Two-Eyed Seeing, and Strengths-based Indigenous POR” where we will focus on the following learning objectives:
- Describe what health equity means in Indigenous contexts.
- Describe EDI and POR within Indigenous contexts.
- Explain how Two-Eyed Seeing and strengths-based research approaches advance EDI in Indigenous POR.
- Describe how EDI in Indigenous POR enhances the research environment, research quality, community impacts, health equity and patient outcomes.
- Identify and describe research roles and culturally-appropriate strategies and mechanisms for creating inclusive research teams in Indigenous POR.
Speakers will include:
- Mary Beaucage, Indigenous Peoples’ Engagement and Research Council, Can-SOLVE CKD Network
- Dr. Pamela Roach, Assistant Professor, University of Calgary
- Dr. Cheryl Barnabe, Associate Professor, University of Calgary
- Dr. Wayne Clark, Executive Director Indigenous Health, University of Alberta
- Louise Crane, Patient-Partner