*NL SUPPORT: Newfoundland and Labrador’s SUPPORT for People and Patient-Oriented Research and Trials Unit
Patient engagement is about meaningful engagement of patients/public in the research process (not just as subjects of research). This template has been designed to assist with the development of Patient Engagement plans for health research but can be used to plan other projects.
It addresses these 5 questions:
- Why do you want to involve patients?
- Who do you need to involve?
- When and how can patients be involved?
- What is your goal for degree of engagement?
- How will you achieve this degree of engagement?